Here is our 11-point COVID-19 Safety Plan which is based on the CDC guidelines…
We ask that if you have a cold, the sniffles, a fever, cough, shortness of breath, abnormal fatigue and/or body aches, loss of smell or taste, please do not come into your lesson. Sign up for a make-up class. Let’s keep everyone safe!
1. Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet in each of our large lesson rooms. Vocal & woodwind classrooms also have a clear plastic curtain divider to enhance distancing.
2. We have added an extra keyboard to each piano lesson room (2 pianos in each room) so piano teachers can demonstrate techniques without reaching over their students.
3. Only one-on-one lessons, no group classes. Makeup group classes will still be done online/virtually.
4. Students should text the office when they arrive to let us know they are ready. We will let you know when your teacher is ready, meet the students at the door and escort them inside.
5. We ask that for now you do not wait in the waiting areas, but that you wait in your vehicle while your child’s lesson is being held. However, you can ZOOM into the lesson from your phone and watch every minute!
Please let the office know in advance if you want to do this.
6. We’ll ask every student upon arrival to check their temperature with our no-touch thermometer. Students with a temperature reading 100.4 degrees and higher will not be allowed to take their in-person lesson that day. They may however take a make-up lesson according to our make-up policy.
7. We’ll ask every student upon arrival to sanitize their hands. We also have plenty of hand sanitizer in the common areas as well as in each teaching room.
8. All staff and teachers will wear masks at all times.
9. All students should wear a mask. If you have your own mask, GREAT! If you forget yours, we have complimentary masks. If you need one, just help yourself to one at the front office.
10. We are cleaning & disinfecting the school multiple times a day, as we always have. We are disinfecting each lesson room after every lesson. We have hired a professional cleaning company to clean the school as well.
11. Our HVAC system has been upgraded with MERV-13 virus-catching filters.
Sensible, common sense precautions to help keep everyone safe and everything under control.